View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Edwin
Age? 27
How long have you been playing? I play drums since the age of 7, but I started getting lessons on practice pad a year earlier, I think
Origin of user name? 'Raket rhymes with 'Ed', which is the short version of my name in Dutch.
Your top 3 drummers? Atm: Luke Holland, Benny Greb and Johnny Rabb
Make of drumkit? Which one? Yamaha Stage Custom
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian and Meinl
Where do you practice? For the last 6 months only at band rehearsal and sporadically in a gym
Are you in a band? Yes
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? I am used to playing aggressive, but my new band is very easy listening
Favourite take out food? Mr Wok
What country do you live in? The Netherlands
One really odd fact about yourself? Who isn't odd?
How did you start drumming? At a pretty young age my dad started playing keyboards and getting lessons at the local music school. Around the time I was 5, my parents wanted to give me and my brothers the chance to pick an instrument and go to the same school. I couldn't choose between percussion/drums and keyboards. My mom couldn't picture me playing keyboards for a long time, so she gave me up for a free lesson with the drum teacher. I had to play this wooden flute (I forgot the English word :P) for a year and a half to learn how to read notes. My parents kinda pushed me to keep practising, but I could quit if I wanted to. I still play drums, and I love it. It does suck that I don't have the ability to practice on my kit at home, but I'm used to it. Listening to music and picturing playing it helped me tremendously.