View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Heel Toe method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Waterson
\JUST to corect the confusion...
but I have been teaching drummers Quite a while now and most get it from the WFD trailer....LOL
The HEEL in my videos is A FULL downstroke and the Toe is also a FULL upstroke
after you get the speed up the heel controls ALL the motion as the toe stays put this is why I coined the term Toe down strokes exactly the opposite of heel down....
hope this clears up the confusion.
Yes after you get the technique down you can raise you heel to control the bounce and then you are doing heel up controlled doubles.
The next phase is ta actually tap the doubles with your foot Like Virgil....
God Bless and Good Luck
Tim
www.timwaterson.com
I guess we just didn't understand each other. What I ment is that the heel isn't making a stroke, it's the movement that makes the stroke, isn't it? The heel doesn't need to touch the footboard, this is what most of people are confused of, they think that the heel-toe technique is just heel-toe-heel-toe etc that's why there are so many people bragging about ''my feet are too big... etc''
I like to call the heel stroke as ''toe downstroke'' because even with the heel stroke, the surface of the foot that is in contact with the footboard when doing the heel stroke is the toe!

I hope you get my idea, I know we are talking about the same thing but whether my english knowledges (english is not my native language) or something else makes a confusion! :D

Anyway I like the way Jojo Mayer explains the heel-toe technique (this is what I'm trying to say :D link: http://www.jojomayer.com/html/faq_.html#PEDAL) :

''The basic idea is to generate the first "down"- stroke launched from your heel up position, generated from your knee, not your toes (important!).Followed by a 2nd " up"- stroke, generated by the calf. So your leg goes :
up-down, up-down,(bam-bam, bam-bam..).

It LOOKS's like a heel toe action but really it is kne (heel) -toe. That's the secret !''

my new d'n'b set-up!