View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Good one, fixxxer. It seems that most chatters don't post their playing. Meanwhile, most people posting their playing don't chat.

I find it harder to get interested in what people say about playing when their playing is unheard (apart from people like Caddy and Moontheloon, who are obviously educated musicians).

Who cares about people you don't know putting up drum covers for promo purposes? Most drum covers sound horrible because the mix is unbalanced. On the other hand, if a regular poster puts up their playing I'm always curious to see the connection between personality, convictions and playing style/skills.
Perhaps this year I'll actually video something that's worthwhile to share publicly, though it's a stretch goal to be sure. I do record things and post to YouTube for certain students but only as unlisted. It's me alone in the practice room - not sure how exciting it may be for some folks around here.

Perhaps if the band ever gets a decent video together of a gig this year, something may be worthwhile from that.

Be sure though, you're not missing much of anything not seeing my playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
My drum chops are diminishing but my nursing chops are improving ...
In many ways, nursing chops are much more important.