View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:04 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

Default Re: Todd Sucherman here!

Ted T---

Thanks! Glad you enjoy that solo. If you like that, may I recommend both Methods and Mechanics DVDs? Nine hours between the two, long enough to handle any commute!

My best to you, man.

Swiss Matthias---

Thanks to you! I'm happy you enjoyed the clips! I hope you decide to pick them up, and my web store ships world wide.

http://www.toddsucherman.com/methods...chanics-2.html

Thanks again, and my best to you!

Arky---

Thanks for checking out the book, and I'm very happy you dig it! As far as your question goes, there's a lot of variables depending on the situation. Am I hired to play parts perviously programmed on a demo? Do I have the final say for parts? What kind of music is it? I could go on and on with questions like these because the variables are many. Ultimately I'm trying to make someone happy (artist/producer) with seeing their vision become a reality. But If it's my band or my project, that might be different. Either way I let the music dictate what should be played----and I listen to my head and heart, without sounding corny, but that's it. I never try to inflict my agenda on the music. I try to be agenda-less and ego-less as it were. I hope I'm making sense. But that's the barometer I use. I hope that helps!

Thanks again-
Todd