View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Mortality and our fleeting legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite Zephyr View Post
I certainly like your bands version of It's a Man's (Man's) World. That really is some soulful drumming.
Thanks MZ! I was happy with most of the take, tho the snare tuning could have been tightened up.

Quote:
As far as the whole philosophy thing, I'm not going to try to say something meaningful because I'll probably just say something stupid.
Remaining quiet for fear of saying something stupid? Bzzzzp. Error. Does-Not-Compute. :)

Quote:
To me, life is all about living a life worth living. I'm not going to spend my life being miserable just so that i can live another 20 miserable years. I just hope I am remembered as a good person and a good drummer. That's all I care about.
That all sounds entirely sane to me. The idea of being remembered was once on my radar - I was very influenced by Mum, who was acutely conscious of her legacy. In recent years I've become relaxed with what Abe referred to as "dust to dust". I just want things to be good "now" for as long as there is a "now",

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Gosh Pol, love that cartoon..really cool...
It's brain-bending, isn't it? The universe is expanding and, as it expands, it creates time and space where there was none. #3 is what was around before the big bang. Imagine the state right on the edge of the universe as it's pushing outwards ...

Futurama had an episode where they visited the edge of the universe and they saw themselves in the universe next to theirs looking back, waving. Bender was angry because the other Bender was wearing a cowboy hat :)