View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 03:23 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Mortality and our fleeting legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
I think that was the case a decade ago but now there's so much material out there that each unknown item fades into increasing anonymity. If I wasn't on this site the number of hits for each of my YouTube vids would be under 10.
I certainly like your bands version of It's a Man's (Man's) World. That really is some soulful drumming. I didn't make that comment on YouTube, but I certainly agree.

As far as the whole philosophy thing, I'm not going to try to say something meaningful because I'll probably just say something stupid. All I can do is try to leave the best impression I can on everyone I think deserves it. To me, life is all about living a life worth living. I'm not going to spend my life being miserable just so that i can live another 20 miserable years. I just hope I am remembered as a good person and a good drummer. That's all I care about.

My dad is remembered in the Folk music, specifically as an Autoharp player and luthier. He is as important to those circles as any drummer on the home page of Drummerworld is to drumming. He never got rich or anything, but he made his mark. I'll probably never measure up to him musically, nevertheless I can enjoy playing music just the same.