View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Mortality and our fleeting legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
I get what your parents felt, Andy.

Conversely,

.... my mother was a writer and a singer. She performed and recorded a fair amount. She also had hundreds of tapes of some well known opera singers, and classical musicians, in conversation-performance, rehearsals... valueable stuff- she thought. Given my interest in music, she wanted to make sure I inherited her collection. The passage of time and my lack of interest in the years following her death destroyed and de- oxidized all the tapes, and today theres is nothing.
Similarly, my father collected antique furniture for 20 years, not because he loved it, but because he thought he would bequeath something of value & wondferful to the homes of his 2 sons. Lo and behold when the time came, both his sons prefer not to have that furniture in their homes, and all of it today is rotting in our basements.

All the plans on mice and men...

Such a shame Abe. Makes me think if I should leave my prototype kit to my son. Even though he appreciates the sound of the kit, I think the aesthetic is way off the mark for him. I'd hate to think of it rotting in a basement. Guess I'll just have to give it to Larry :)