View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Attention Melbourne drummers!

Hey guys,

First let me apologise for taking so long to reply, things have been a bit hectic over the last couple of weeks. All these replies are really useful. I've been checking out Drumtek a fair bit, and even though their website is horrible I have come across a lot of people singing their praises. Will definitely be checking them out.

The Ausband forum looks like it could come in very handy! I get the impression that there is a slight shortage of drummers, at least in relation to the numbers of other musicians. Does that jibe with your experience on the ground? It is similar over here. As soon as you mention that you play somebody will chime in with how they've looking for a drummer etc etc.

One of the questions I had that had slipped my mind was about gig guides/radio stations etc, so those recommendations are very welcome. You know, it's funny moving to somewhere so similar. I was saying to my wife that I almost think it would be easier moving somewhere totally alien, like Japan. Things are so different that you have to make a deliberate effort to adjust and learn how the place works. Going somewhere almost the same, but not quite, makes it easier to be tripped up by the little differences.

Anyway, thanks for the input. Hope you guys are having a good holiday.