View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 PM

Default Alesis DM7 problems

I play in a punk band and I use an acoustic set for shows and practice, but transporting it is a pain so I keep it at the place we practice. I recently got an electronic drum set so I can practice at my house and not make the neighbors mad. After doing some research and reading some reviews I decided to take a risk and buy an Alesis. It fit my price range because I don't feel like spending a fortune on some elegant electronic drumset that wont be played too much. I settled on the DM7 that I bought on eBay brand new for $515. It showed up in an undamaged box but the one cymbal arm was broke, which Alesis did replace for free. After tinkering with it and messing with the sounds I got it to sound how I wanted. I initially was happy.

Heres the problems I've been having.
The hi-hats cut out as soon as I strike another drum. This is especially annoying when playing double bass with open hi-hats, it's very choppy because they cut out immediately. The snare does not always register hits. When doing a simple roll it misses some hits and sounds like I'm messing up but I'm not. I've messed around with the sensitivity and some other settings but it never gets better or worse. Can anyone help me here? I don't know if there's problems with my drums or I just need to adjust something