View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Updated Ludwig Classic Maple Bonham Pics...

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Dirt View Post
If you play your kick hard pay attention to the spur casings.
These are the newer 1/2" thick spurs. They seem to hold up pretty well, and they also face forward a bit, instead of straight out to the sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
YES! *fist pump* I'm not the only one who does the cowbell-on-a-cymbal-stand thing!
Right on, man. Cowbell stands rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Score another one for Bonham. Really really nice kit. Don't play too loud, though. You'll scare the wildlife.
It does keep the creatures at bay. I'm sure my neighbors aren't fans, but I try to imagine that they're bobbing their heads or dancing when I'm playing. My wife claims I'm sufferring from delusions of grandeur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post
Keep us updated when the souped up Speed King shows up, I've entertained the thought of buying one on a few occasions.
Will do. It came in a couple days ago, and I'm loving it. It's better than if you were to buy a brand new Speed King in the 70's. I'm going to post about it in the Pedals section later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulmoski View Post
Very nice kit! That's a big cymbal on the bass drum; is it solid?
Very solid. I know it looks completely unstable, but it's surprisingly sturdy. Plus, the Giant Beat is actually a fairly light cymbal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrums21 View Post
Awesome kit, bro. I love mine as well. Speaking of letting the drums sing, take off those rubber gaskets on your 402 and use the Ludwig snare cord on the snares. You'll love the difference it makes. Isn't it crazy how that kit sounds so much like the recordings? It sounds so authentic when you play Zeppelin tunes with it, really cool. Have a blast!
That's the next (and hopefully final) step to take. I'm waiting until the next time I need to change heads, and I'm going to remove the rubber gaskets and add some Gibraltar hoops to hopefully cut down on rod splay... Also, I'm going to slap on my 30 strand Puresound wires. I think it's the perfect balance between that early and later Bonham sound. I've been curious about using snare cord though. What can you tell me about how it affects the sound?

And thanks bro. Maybe our kits can get together on the playground some day, haha!