Thread: Joey Jordison
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 07:00 AM
helldrummer

Default Re: Joey Jordison

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornslipknot
Where exactly is Joey not in time. Im sure all the people that dislike his drumming wouldnt say it is because of his timing. You could say he is repetetive but his timing is perfect.
not on their live album it isn't.
i remember playing along to the blister exists and he speeds up during the cool death-march bit (you should know which bit i mean) and also towards the end

in eyeore he slows down towards the end (where the drumming gets crowded) and i think that is because he starts off a little bit too fast.. like he is pushing himself to play that quickly... which isn't good.

anyway just because you haven't noticed his timing errors don't tell me i'm wrong for pointing them out, you should listen more carefully or try playing along to those songs with headphones

by the way what do you mean by "all the people that dislike his drumming"... 1. i don't dislike his drumming and 2. if i did, i would be one of those people and in that case one reason why "those people" didn't like his playing would be because of his timing. which is definitely NOT perfect. are you even a drummer? anyway, i never said i disliked his playing.. ..i actually think he's good and i've said that before (TWICE) on this forum