View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Jagger & Bowie Dancing in the Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
And of course there is nothing better than the original, unless it's a parody by our favorite accordion player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdvITn5cAVc
Yeah, I'll have to agree with you there, although VH is a close second. There's some good cowbell in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaajn View Post
When I saw this post title, I thought of that Family Guy episode and starting laughing. That was a hysterical clip. And the show let the entire video run. Thanks for posting.
It was one of their best cut-away scenes they did. Saw it a while ago but a rerun just played recently and reminded me of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
One of those times when the sum is less than the individual parts. Love the Stones. Love Bowie. This cover and the vid did nothing for me at the time. They badly needed Rick Astley in there with them to give the song a lift :)

Having said that, I heard it on the car radio the other day for the first time in many years. I enjoyed hearing the contrasting way each of the guys sang their lines and the pop arrangement is well done.

Of course, this could be construed as an indictment of the other stuff on the radio more than the quality of the cover ...
Rick Astley and Billy Squier! Now it's a party. ha ha! Actually, I don't think the version is all that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
That has to be one of the worst songs / clips in the history of the universe - what a blatant money making grab - shame Mick shame!
Oh yeah! That video is so bad that it's good. Check out the Billy Squier one too. Shame!