View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Jagger & Bowie Dancing in the Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Dirt View Post
Damn fellas relax I'm just foolin around, its like when I say something everyone gets their panties all twisted hahaha!!!
Twisted? Nah....I'm not wearing any. :-)

You are free to say as you please. I don't begrudge your opinions, even when I don't agree.....but I'm free to flip the coin and speak from the otherside. That's all it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
I don't think their great song writers sorry.
Fair enough. I don't ask that you agree with me, but I do think they've written some great material. That doesn't make either of us wrong or right. It just confirms what I've known for years.......music has something for everyone.

Quote:
The Gershwin Bros were great song writers, Duke Ellington was a great writer, Johnny Mercer was a a great writer.
Yep. Right along with Jagger/Richards, Lennon/McCartney, Bowie and countless others from the rock world.

Quote:
When you hear Daniel Bowies tunes in comparison to Marvin Gayes or Stevie Wonders or Bill (Smoky) Robinsons you gotta be kidding me right?
No. I kid you not. They ALL do something for me musically. Each for reasons as wide and varied as the musicians themselves. I'm thankful for a world where they can all co-exist, not tread on each others toes and I can pick and choose which one I want to listen to and when. Such variety......it's like a dream for all seasons isn't it?

I like steak, but I like ice cream too. Why should I choose definitively.....why can't I have both......plus anything else that tickles my fancy along the way?