Thread: John Bonham
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: John Bonham

Quote:
The Beatles were great, blah blah blah. The fact remains, the Beatles did not influence Led Zeppelin musically. Thier first two albums should prove that. Blues, anyone? I'd list thier infuences, but it would take a while, and it doesn't include John, Paul, George, or Ringo.

But then everyone's gonna say, but without Ringo!......................but nothing, Bonzo was not influenced by Ringo. And the same goes for every member of Led Zeppelin.
Its not that each member was influenced by the beatles directly, they were indirectly. Yes Bonham might not list Ringo as one of his influences, but he would list Keith Moon as a huge influence, and one of Moons big influences was Ringo. The beatles paved the way for every other english band in America. Led Zeppelin made there name in America, thats where they were most popular. Without The Beatles, America might have rejected all the English bands that came in. Thats why there the most influencial band of all time. You need to open your mind up a little bit and see the bigger picture.

--The great Bonzo himself