Thread: Phil Collins
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Phil Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loewra827 View Post
I didn't get into Phil Collins until I heard about how much my favorite drummer Brann Dailor likes him. After listening to The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway I think Phil Collins is fantastic! The sound that he records his toms with that gated reverb sound I think is a very distinct, when he used to play live before his injury I loved his concert toms because they sound so different from the normal tom sound of deep low tuned toms. I hope he can play drums again one day so I could see a Lamb lineup of Genesis tour!
Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins sings the same praises about Phil Collins. IMOF,

This is from the RHCP website, it was an interview they did a few years ago:

Flea: [Foo Fighters] are a completely different band than us. It's like, they are a nice bunch of guys, and I've never jammed with any of them, so I couldn't say what that would be like. But they are a completely nice bunch of guys. Taylor keeps talking about doing some sort of Genesis song.

John Frusciante: "Suppers Ready." [Laughs] He keeps saying, "We can go to the rehearsal room! 'Suppers Ready!'" It's like a half-hour song written by Genesis that was their most ambitious piece they have done to date. I couldn't come anywhere close to playing it on the guitar.