Thread: Oz rock!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Oz rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Let's talk blues ...
Was holding off as it was a "rock" thread. But considering you're the thread starter and have introduced it, a few more for you:

Kevin Borich...with or without The Express....great bluesman.
Geoff Achison. Brilliant guitarist. One of the best we've produced IMHO.
Dutch Tilders. Sadly passed on earlier this year. Old style bluesman...didn't like the harp though, which I always thought odd.
The Giants. Bunch of big biker type guys who could really shake the room when they cranked up.
Dave Hole. WA based slide guitarist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madidus View Post
One of the best live acts EVER - Radio Birdman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhS7jNaUWoE
Great pick up. I have a mate who is an avid fan....he'd stone me alive for not remembering to mention them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfunkyfooted View Post
Crowded House's "Don't Dream It's Over" still gets play and is one of the best songs ever.
Hearing Faith No More break into that song immediately after playing The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies provided one of the more surreal moments in my concert going history.

Don't think I've seen Mental As Anything mentioned either. Another good Aussie pub rock band. They had a couple of "odes to the bottle" in Too Many Times and The Nips Are Getting Bigger, that were always a bit of fun.
And the "Shivers" link reminded me of The Screaming Jets....who covered Nick Cave's song of the same name.

Last edited by Pocket-full-of-gold; 10-31-2011 at 02:12 AM.