Thread: Oz rock!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Oz rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Good one, uniin. Someone had to cover the new stuff.

The Hard Ons were fine, I just wasn't into their music. It was the other mob. Good pickup, though, because there was a disagreement. They were paying us a lousy $50 and expected us to lug their stuff in and out as well. Then they told us we couldn't use our own amps and would have to use theirs but ... DON'T TOUCH ANY OF THE SETTINGS! Ja vol!

Needless to say we could see we'd been sold a crock and the vibes weren't great. It was worse after our sound was sabotaged (pity the poor audience). After we finished playing we left without lugging their gear out, which burnt our bridges with the booking agency. Stuff happens ...

Not sure if Skyhooks was known overseas. Hot live band and their drummer, Freddie Strauks, was great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb4AdU6rbFc
pfft. i can dig it. i usually don't play games i'm not allowed to win. and i'm not gonna s*ck enough d*ck to be in position to look down on others. i won't be sucking any d*ck, actually.

Skyhooks: i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Skyhooks. great drum sound too. good production too. i am so remiss that i never picked up Ego Is Not A Dirty Word.

Last edited by unfunkyfooted; 10-27-2011 at 06:34 PM.