View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 06:16 PM

Default Re: School vs. Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsabol View Post
I agree. I also heard your example the first time. Most professors are better than others. Some colleges are better than others. You get what you get. I'm sorry your music prof is a d-bag, but you should judge the entirety of the college experience on a handful of isolated incidents. Completing college and getting a degree proves to employers that your worth something.

I'll give you my advice again. Get a degree. If you wish to pursue music for some reason it doesn't work out, you will thank yourself. Change majors, change schools if you have to, just having the BS on your resume puts you miles ahead of everyone else in your situation that opted out. I applaud you for pursuing music, but it never hurts to have something to fall back on.
I changed majors :-). You understand my inquiry very well wsabol. Change of institution would make perfect sense, that's a great alternative to leaving school, especially when a lot of jobs ask for a degree in something. I'm just don't believe these jobs are necessary to help support a career in music. I need a way to afford necessary equipment for touring as well (such as transportation, haha). Great thinking.