View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: School vs. Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Um, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that you ditch school at your earliest convenience. Anyone as contemptuous toward the institution as you seem to be has no business being there. Besides, it seems clear that you've made up your mind on it already. By staying, you're only setting yourself up for failure.

Go play music and hope that you're both good enough and lucky enough to eke out an existence with it.
I agree. I also heard your example the first time. Most professors are better than others. Some colleges are better than others. You get what you get. I'm sorry your music prof is a d-bag, but you shouldn't judge the entirety of the college experience on a handful of isolated incidents. Completing college and getting a degree proves to employers that your worth something.

I'll give you my advice again. Get a degree. If you wish to pursue music for some reason it doesn't work out, you will thank yourself. Change majors, change schools if you have to, just having the BS on your resume puts you miles ahead of everyone else in your situation that opted out. I applaud you for pursuing music, but it never hurts to have something to fall back on.

Last edited by wsabol; 10-26-2011 at 06:31 PM.