View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 02:48 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: School vs. Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobxr View Post
Well man, you can be sure you're not the only one in this position.

I'm pretty much the same. I love music, and for the most part, I hate studying, exams, getting up early, etc..

But I chose school anyway. The way I see it, I rather suck it up now and have a good job later on, and make of music my hobby, instead of being 40 and working as a salesman on the local music store "waiting to be discovered".

But hey, I admire those who have the courage to give it all for their art. Unfortunately though, most of them end up pretty bad. :/

Cheers!
I agree. Most people would say making a living playing music will be nonexistent. The ones who pursue their passion regardless aren't interested in hearing anybody else's opinions anyway. So the question you must ask yourself, is which one are you?

The people who are relentlessly pursuing their dreams are not willing to settle for a day job to support their music habit. The ones who stay in school to get a degree so they can make a living think the ones who are single-minded about their music careers are idiots.

And then again, you must realize that staying in school to get a degree doesn't necessarily mean you'll make a living in that field either. And with more and more people with degrees losing jobs or just not able to get jobs, those prospects don't look good either. So it's really your call, none of us can give you advice because you're the one who has to live with whatever you decide. Not us.