View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:13 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

My name is Gary Reynolds. I live in Waynesboro, Ms (deeeeeeeep south USA). I'm 56 yrs old, but have the curiosity of a two yr old. If you ask my wife she would probably say I'm about 14.

I started playing drums when I found out you can make money hitting things with sticks, lol. I've been playing since I was 20, played steady until I was 40 (cover bands -- rock, country and then funk bands). Then one night I asked my wife what was for supper and she said, "Salt soup!" So I got a day job and stopped playing for 15 yrs. Just started playing again last year.

I have been married 30 yrs; have twin daughters 24 yrs old. My user name is a combination of my daughter's names. Sharka and Reyna = sharkrey

I grew up in the classic rock years so my influences are Don Brewer and Bonham. My favorite drummer right now is probably Harvey Mason. And I like all the current big dogs also. Oh...and Rene Creemers.

I play a basic 4 pc. Pearl kit with Zildjian cymbals. I practice on a pad every day. I have a nephew that is playing and we are going through Tommy Igoe's Great Hands for a Lifetime dvd.

I currently play in a contemporary praise and worship band on Sundays and we occasionally play youth conferences.

Besides drumming, I am a follower of Jesus, a student of chess, an artist (fractal art and Chinese brush painting), and I try to find joy in all aspects of life. Aaaaaand I read voracously. Yea!

So...helllo, everyone!