View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Show Off Your DW Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
...I did not buy the Saturn's because they were cheap or because of the name Mapex. I had not even heard the name before. The day I went in to look at the used kit was the first time I had seen Mapex before. They just had such a different sound to all the other kits that I had tried over the last 20 years of going into drum stores and wondering if I was missing anything by solely playing my Roland TD10 kit. ...
Ok, but everywhere I see you comment on DW, the point being made is cost, as if that is your top priority. There is nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can afford DW kits, and not everyone is willing to or able to justify them regardless of their income. And, of course, not everyone likes how they sound. I think that is the best reason not to buy them, but I don't see those people so often throwing mud. Now, when it came down to your own kit, it seems that cost was not the #1 issue. You bought yours for two of the same reasons I bought mine: sound and looks.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if you would be willing to share the cost of your gigantic kit so that we might compare it against mine. Not exactly apples to apples, but me might be able to get close if we leave off cymbals. I expect mine to be more expensive due to the finish... and because they are DWs. However, I know the cost of my kit were it done as a wrap, so that could get us that much closer. So, you're 14 piece shell pack versus my 12?