View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Show Off Your DW Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
Well considering I probably like the sound of my kit better because of the Walnut I would have to say no. Now if he has Walnut in those shells then maybe. :)
Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you owned a DW kit before? I say that because I've got a 2010 Collector's standard 5 piece, and before that I owned a 5 piece Saturn in the exact same sizes. The Saturn cost me about ~$1500 and the DW cost me $2200 (finishply). The sound on both kits are outstanding, but the DWs are IMO a definite step up in hardware quality, construction, ease of tuning, and maintenance.

I know a lot of people like to look at DW and say since they are a maple kit with a steep price, it must be marketing, hype... I think most people who have owned (not just played) a DW would say otherwise.

Its like comparing a Honda Accord to a Mercedes CLS. Line the two cars up side to side without owning either and it's easy to say they are both four doors that will get you from point A to B. There's a lot more under the packaging that is easy to shrug off until you experience it.

To end my rambling post, I loved my Saturns,and I've played on many fine drums, but at the end of the day, I'd take a DW kit of any other based on my personal expereince with them.