View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Dealing with a band member you don't like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zickos View Post
IMHO, if you don't like someone in the band, why are you still there? Life's too short.
Truly the dumbest reply I've ever gotten to any thread on here, did you even read it? I clearly mentioned that I love everything about it except for her, and she doesn't even sing every week!

Just thought I'd provide a little update to this situation. She practiced with us again this past week and will be singing with us again tomorrow. Practice was fine, she didn't really say much at all, she said hi to me on the way in, so it's all good and fine for now. The thought will always be there in the back of my mind, "what if she does this", "what if she says this", etc., but at least we've gone 1 week without any troubles. To give her some credit, it's definitely a good thing we have her tomorrow since our strongest singer is sick and won't be singing, as our other singer tends to sing out of tune if she goes too high in her range and the other (her boss if I didn't mention that already) has a very low voice for a woman, whereas she has a more normal range and sings pretty consistently in tune. As long as she doesn't sing too loud, which she has a tendency to.

The one problem I still have with her (and it is one I truly can do nothing about), is that I can tell that she really craves attention as she is constantly dancing and clapping when the others don't. I think it has something to do with her lack of physical attractiveness compared to the others (she looks like a librarian). I kinda hope it dies down but I'm not getting my hopes up.