View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Dealing with a band member you don't like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
The sound man should have final say on all matters involving mixing and amplification. Back him up on that. There are good technical and social reasons for this.
In general, this is true, but not really for us. For a few reasons:

1. He had never run sound prior to this

2. He knows very little about music

3. He's a volunteer while my dad is a paid part time employee of the church

4. The main reason he's even there is because his wife is one of the singers and he wanted to say he's "part of the band". At first, he would just set up the PA and leave, then he asked my dad if he could run the mixer. I'm not knocking him in any way, shape or form, he's a great guy and he's torn down our entire PA within 5 minutes by himself before. I'm just saying that the image most people have of "sound guy" is not what you're really getting with him.

What I'm about to do may be worthy of it's own thread in the "Your Place" section , but since we're having this lengthy of a discussion about, I'd figured I'd post this so you all can hear what we sound like! This is from our first service back in February before this lady joined,I think we sound better now overall then we did back then but this is the only thing we have that's on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpBp...layer_embedded