08-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North-West Italy
Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!
- Real name? Giorgio G.
- Age? 31
- How long have you been playing? I started in 1998 and played for a year and a half. Then I had to give up, since I moved to a different city to attend University. Then it was a lot of on and off, until 2009, when I formed a New Wave cover band with a few friends, so I seriously resumed playing. But I\\\\\\\'m still crappy!
- Origin of user name? Long and not funny to explain. It just means \\\"Pear Juice\\\" in Italian.
- Your top 5 drummers? Jimmy Chamberlin, Jimmy Chamberlin, Jimmy Chamberlin, Jimmy Chamberlin and Jimmy Chamberlin.
- Make of drumkit? My best kit is currently a Tamburo Formula (Italian manufacturer), but I also still have the Ludwig Rocker \\\'98 I started playing on, which I use for live performances. I also have a Roland TD-9KX.
- Make of cymbal? Zildjian! I am trying to build a full set of A\\\'s, one of A Custom\\\'s and one of K\\\'s. Takes a lot of money!!! I also have a set of Murat Diril\\\'s, which are gaining popularity in Italy.
- Where do you practice? At my parents\\\' house, which is sadly ~100 km away from where I work (and live), so I spend all of my weekends there. But I have my Roland here!
- Are you in a band? Yes, it\\\'s called Decade, http://www.decade.it
- Do you play covers or originals? We started out as a dark rock/new wave cover band (think of Joy Division)., but we are also trying to come up with originals. We already have half a dozen ready and many others to complete.
- Favourite take out food? Chinese!
- What country do you live in? North-West Italy.
- One really odd fact about yourself? I can\\\'t really play the drums! Oh, and I hate sunflowers.
- How did you start drumming? I was watching Queen\\\'s Live at Wembley \\\'86, and \\\"We Will Rock You\\\" came up...
Last edited by SukkoPera; 08-29-2011 at 08:32 PM.