Thread: Travis Barker
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Matthias View Post
I almost can't get over this redickuloussly high high-hat, and his tiny and fully painted
upper body, lol!

But the playing is cool. Not my cup of tea musically, but he has a lot of energy, and he's
right on the spot.
There have been a few gold quotes in this thread. I have to say that I find the whole, "look at me with my shirt off and heaps of tats" thing really off putting. It is also real annoying to have drummers with the caliber of say Benny Greb or Gavin Harrison compared to Travis in a negative way by the Travis fans that are consumed by their "blind worship".
That said, even though just the look of Travis Playing, (even when not playing) makes me uncomfortable, he is without doubt a very competent drummer who has added a dimension to Blink182. I am sure that Travis didn't get the skill that he has because he "blindly worshiped" only one particular drummer, and obviously his heroes were not all from the one genre.
It would be nice to be able to watch some creative drummer doing his thing on youtube and not have thousands of teens comment about how the guy is not a patch on Travis or Joey.
Instead of telling every other drummer to narrow their field, they should learn to expand their own. Rant Off!