View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Default Re: My rant on today's pop music

Last month i went to see the summer slaughter tour in Portland Oregon. It was mostly Deathcore/Death metal music.

To me some of the bands there, like pop, have similar sounds as each other, which is what deathcore is becoming in the metal side of things.

But the bands Whitechapel and The Black Dahlia Murder Had so much energy up on stage, that no matter how little i care for the "Deathcore" genre, i couldn't help but join in the fun.
Not only that, they have more talent than just chugging the same three chords, while the drummer plays blast beats. :P

(speaking of drummer... Black Dahlia's drummer had an amazing looking Tama kit. I believe it was two 20 inch kicks, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 inch toms. cant remember the cymbals though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
The only place to find cool new music is on the web (in Oz, though I'm told there are some good "underground" US radio stations). My nephew is 19 and he's keen on Floyd too ... along with some hip hop and techno that doofs you into submission within minutes.
Don't forget local bands as well... For a good way of finding good music. Because two days before that, i went to a local show near my home town, and a newer band called Comeback Ten Fold played. They were damn good.

All of their songs where completely different from each other, yet still combined the same musical quality the whole time. It was a pleasant mix of punk rock and alternative with a touch of a few others.