View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Sony's UK HQ/Factory burned to the ground.

Quote:
People have tried to start riots up here in Scotland in Aberdeen and Glasgow and as soon as a post was made on Facebook police would track the IP and arrest people as young as 15. So the police up here are actually being ok for once (just ok... They're worthless up here).
Is it slightly worrying that the police are given the power to track IP addresses?

Quote:
Word. They're protesting the lack of jobs, so they burn down a factory where people work. Duh.
If many of them were employed many of them would probably not be rioting.

Quote:
Very true. A common response by rightists in the US is to embrace counterculturalism and espouse right-wing anarchy - basically, no one should pay any taxes because it's a form of institutionalized theft, and therefore there should be no government to oppress anyone. That's what the Tea Party is about.

OK, then go live in Somalia! No taxes there, all the freedom you want.
These riots are partly signs of an economic crisis. In countries that doing economically well, riots hardly happen - like here in Australia.

Quote:
Very true. A common response by rightists in the US is to embrace counterculturalism and espouse right-wing anarchy - basically, no one should pay any taxes because it's a form of institutionalized theft, and therefore there should be no government to oppress anyone. That's what the Tea Party is about.

OK, then go live in Somalia! No taxes there, all the freedom you want.
Whoa. Even if you go to Somalia you will find yourself under the jurisdiction of warlords who demand obedience.

Quote:
The parasites at the top and the bottom both feed on middle class tax (and sweat and stress). Then when tensions blow up the middle class mugs the ones most affected.
Nice commentary, but let me remind you that while there are parasites at the bottom there are plenty of working-class people who work their butts off.

Not everyone who is poor because it is there own fault as some people will insist on saying.

Rioters are there for a variety of reasons, some want to steal stuff, some want to see some destruction, some want to get at the police and some are just plain angry at a police shooting.

...but if you ask me this chaos is now getting very far removed from the shooting that sparked it...

Seriously, those rioters are not achieving much good by destroying homes and businesses.