View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Amy Winehouse RIP

Lived in Seattle for a few years, there was a local DJ who made a point not to play Amy Winehouse, he said he felt he was enabling her by promoting her as a celebrity. That discussion generated a lot of controversy but I understand his point. I loved her music, thought she was one of the most soulful singers akin to Billy Holiday. There was something about her for me, thought she had an old soul. Well I guess her soul and her body are extremely old. 100% old as in that's it, she ain't getting no older.

Maybe she lived to be a ripe old age, maybe somebody like her has a life expectancy of two and a half decades max. Her life is complete. There are always predators out there willing to cash in. A lot of people made a lot of money off her. I am sure some went to the ends of the earth to try and help, some just took their cut and ran off.

Just think, this girl was rich and she couldn't get recovery. Some things you just can't buy at any price.

RIP AW