View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 06:12 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

Hello all, I've been reading this forum for a coupla years now but not posting so before I charge into any discussions it would only be polite to do the introduction thing first.
real name?...Tone (tone bloody deaf too)
age?...49
how long been playing?...started playing about 77/78 in communal house punk band and was godawful then,stopped for years though always a drum fan.My son started playing in his school band on the kit and when Grandma bought him a kit I decided I'd like to get back at it,that was a few years ago but I'm still bloody terrible but I love to woodshed so no harm done to an audience. One day I may be alright.
origin of user name?...Also a Wing Chun practitioner.
top 5 drummers?...without doubt, Danny Carey! many others from many styles but four names more, Donald Johnson (A Certain Ratio),Pete DeFreitas (Echo & the Bunnymen...RIP),Orestes (Bitch Magnet, I think that was his name),Terry Chambers (XTC)...many more though, like Hugo Burnham (Gang of Four),Karl Burns (The Fall),Topper Headon (The Clash) etc etc !!!
make of drumkit?...none, it's my sons,Percussion Plus 5 piece with added Sonor floor tom. Thinking of buying a Tama Superstar Hyperdrive, 7 piece when I build a shed to put it in.
make of cymbal?...Planet Z ride,crash and hats (birthday present) and china of unknown parentage + a Tama cowbell.
where do you practice?...Kit's in sons bedroom much to his chagrin.
are you in a band/s?...Not yet.
covers or originals?...N/A
what style of music?...well !!! If I could play like Danny Carey,whatever took my fancy but,that ain't gonna happen at my age so drummers above should hint at styles.
favourite take out food?...I prefer to cook my own food but probably Thai.
country?...Born in England,grew up in New Zealand,live in Australia.
one really odd fact about yourself?...I work hard, while at work.
how did you start drumming?...Always loved to listen to drums and just happened to get a kit when punk hit town and talent was not required to have a bash.Seriously wish I had taken it more seriously then though but, hey! Whaddya do? 20/20 hindsight is a bitch.