View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: MTV/VH1 - Does anyone still watch?

Man, I loved MTV.
I remember when I was 11 (2000) and I felt like the most badass kid around 'cause I didn't watch cartoons anymore and watched MTV all day long instead.

I remember seeing for the first time Green Day, Garbage, Blink 182, Metallica, Ramones, Nirvana.. Foo Fighters!!, System of a Down.. Limp Bizkit!! haha, etc.
It's no coincidence that next year was when I started playing drums.

I watched it everyday until I was 15 or so and I found myself watching less and less.. Everyday there was more and more Britney, NSync, Backstreet Boys and Christina.. Then rock gave its' place to rap and hiphop.. (can't stand it). (Being a horny teen I admit I didn't mind watching Britney's "Toxic" or "Don't let me be the last to know".. my god, she was hot..).

Anyway.. around 2004 my cable tv supplier didn't offer MTV anymore. I missed it.
Then whenever I went someplace with MTV I checked it and to my surprise there were reality shows ALL THE TIME. If you caught a music video it was at the break between two different shows (seriously).

Nowadays I think the only semi-interesting thing you can watch there are some VMA's performances.

I don't know why they did that. I can't understand who thinks that "16 and pregnant" is interesting.

Anyway, I have good memories of those days and it's a shame that it has come to this.

Cheers.