Thread: Eloy Casagrande
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: 14 year old drummer who made me weep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvin
I'm sure I'll be tarred and feathered for this... I'll try to be as diplomatic as possible.

He has amazing chops, much faster that I could ever hope (or want) to be. I would love to hear him play with a band, though he may have to be mildly sedated in order to share the stage with anyone else. He has the ability to make great music, but I found this solo utterly devoid of musicality. He basically played the same stuff over and over, while mixing in some Afro-Cuban stuff which was the most impressive, but still lacking in over-all purpose.

And those cymbals.... I don't know if it was the recording quality, or the website or what, but I thought they sounded absolutely terrible. Tinny and soul-less.

Now before I am torn apart, remember I'm not trying to insult anyone for liking this kind of thing, and it is unlike me to be critical of things I don't like- I usually just keep my mouth shut, but I was extremely distraught at the fact that there was almost no real critique of the clip.

Yes, I'm very impressed by his speed.
i do agree with you, he does do the same stuff over and over again but still... hes fast. and once again i wud like to see who would win in a d-battle me or him.