View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: The Grand Master BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadaveR (Ivo)
"there have been limits pushed by MANY DRUMMERS who are considered MORE TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT. However no one pulled off such amazing feats with"

Heh, you must be kidding. Really joking. I'm sorry but you're wrong. Saying "BUDDY RICH", "MANY DRUMMERS" and "MORE TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT" in the same sentence is ridiculous. Please prove it. I'd also love to see all those MANY drummers surpassing Rich's technical skills and going "beyond" (from where he went). Please? : )

- Ivo.

I don't think he was kidding, in fact I would say he is correct. While I don't think there are many drummers more technically proficent than Buddy, there certaintly have been some. That is what happens with everthing given time.

Buddy was a showman, and the very best of his time. Alot of progress has been made off of Buddy's work. Now there are some drummers doing eveything buddy could do and much more. There are drummers today who excell at various styles. Evething gets better with time. It's evolution, and Buddy is no exception.

As much as I didn't want to write this in Buddy's thread, it had to be said.