View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Don't Hold Your Breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergiuM View Post
Well, archeology speaks for itself. Of the oldest complete Bible ever found (Dated approximately 150 A.D. i believe, correct me if I'm wrong), we have found it's content to be over 95% of the same content as any current day Bible. And wherever there is a difference, it is written on the bottom of the page. I must say, they did a fine job of preserving it's contents.

And there would have been no reason for someone to really "taint" the Bible, as it still wouldn't give one a whole lot of personal benefit. Just my opinion.
Even if 95% of the original bible is the same as original (which i find doubtful) then that's still a hell of a lot of words that are different. And even 1 word being wrong can totally change the meaning of the text. For example, language experts think that the passage in the koran about the 72 virgins might not actually have said 72 virgins at all, but rather the original word might have meant "sweet-meats". Now imagine the last 10 years and the actions of muslim extremists if they had known that...

EHs Music Facebook Page