Thread: Mike Portnoy
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Mike Portnoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
While I love Mike Portnoy and consider him to be one of my favorites of all time, he ain't a complete drummer. He's awesome when it comes to DT's music, but nothing else. There is a video of him playing with other cats on some solid rock song and if you just listen and don't watch, that could be anyone else. It was way too stiff even for the Mighty Portnoy!
Who gives a crap if he only fits DT's music? I got breaking news, people: HE'S IN DREAM THEATER! Therefore, his drumming need only satisfy DREAM THEATER'S style, no one else's. And if you ask me, he does a pretty damn good job when it comes to that.

And no kidding, tambian. Why do people have to start an argument about everything? Portnoy, Peart, Rich, the likes are great drummers with talent exceeding that of probably everyone on these forums. Why can't you leave the freakin' bashing out of these threads?

P.S. I don't give a crap if you want to jump on me and say "blah blah it's not bashing blah blah...." Even if it's not bashing by your accounts, it is still negative, and to me, that is bashing.

*crawls under blanket and prepares for a storm of raging protest surpassing the energy of a nuclear blast*

*comes back out from blanket and prepares to make his preparation note shorter*

*now trying to make the shortening n-

oh, forget it