Originally Posted by mediocrefunkybeat
Diegobxr - insulting Radiohead like that is out of line. Especially if you're talking about sound quality. They have consistently released some of the best-sounding and most innovatively produced albums in the last fifteen years, each sounding different from the last.
Sure, you don't have to like the band, but when you insult their production you really do demonstrate that you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Go an listen to OK Computer. You don't have to like the songs, but listen to the way they've been recorded and crafted. The same with any other album except for Pablo Honey - which was rubbish. I don't much like Eminem, but I think he's got some of the most exciting production values around, for instance.
I get your point and I respect your opinion.
1) What's "best-sounding" is 100% subjective. "Most innovatively produced/each one different from the last" does not equal "great/the best/the way things should be". And "most
whatever" is an exaggeration. There are many innovative bands.
2) I do have a clue about what I'm talking about.
3) I had OK Computer on my iPod after my guitarist begged me to. I sincerely can't see what's all the fuss about. I'm not a fan of over-compressed and bass heavy music, but I do like to hear the bass drum, unlike Mr. Yorke, who seems to like to bury it in the mix.
4) I don't like their songs, their vibe, their attitude, their lyrics, nothing.
5) I think they're overrated.
But nobody forces me to listen to them, so... it's all cool.