View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Dave Grohl on "Wasting Light"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaymus View Post
He's describing the painstaking effort to literally cut and paste analog tracks together and you listen to a recorded then digitized then compressed to mp3 that was cut up in a torrent and pieced back together. You've nullified the entire point.
To be honest i am tempted to buy the album just to see if it sounds any better but i've got plenty of other 320 kb/s quality mp3 files which sound much better so i disagree with this entirely. If you think it would sound much better if we went back to the old 78s and tried it on a record player than i disagree with that as well since vinyl accounts for such a tiny proportion of the music market these days then what is the point in releasing an album just to sound good on vinyl? (If it indeed does sound good on vinyl).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naigewron View Post
2: Have no grounds to complain about anything, since you essentially stole it anyway
i'm not complaining, I just think it's ridiculous that he's so uppity about how the album was produced with no computers or digital recording methods whatsoever if it really does sound this shite. The source might be shite, i'm tempted to get the CD now just to see if it really does sound this crap.

EHs Music Facebook Page