View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: The best of Craigslist

My favorites are the band ads:

Quote:
Trying to do something raw and full of energy. Angry, but also fun. House shows, releasing a new cdr and tape every month, Smiths cover album, ect. I am 23, reliable equipment and ride. Booking and touring experience. I enjoy drinking and drugs, but they are not a huge or frequent part of my life. You be over 18, passionate, and fun. I am willing to deal with no car or cash for the right person. Email for a bad demo recording.
Quote:
This is a D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) Tour so if you are not comfortable living in a van for months on end with three other guys this tour is NOT for you. However if you are comfortable with that lifestyle then by all means please read on... Here you have an opportunity to leave the bar scene and monotony behind and take a shot at your dreams, the reason you picked up an instrument in the first place. PLEASE keep in mind this tour will be booked upon the COMPLETION of the bands line up and will stretch on for at least three months, once the band's line up is complete they will be handed their dates from the booking agency. If all goes well the band will collectively decide if they would like to stay on the road longer. The band will be traveling by van for the whole tour so please keep that in mind.
Quote:
Seeking musicians for a collaborative Black Metal Band/Project...I play 6 instruments, and am looking to spread some destruction....Best inst. is drums, but also shred abit and am classically practiced keys.....I am seeking other serious musician's who revel in the shadows of today's world.....(856)298-3911 JJ
DO NOT APPLY FOR OTHER STYLES!!!I AM A DISGUSTINGLY CRAZY MUSICIAN, AND THEREFORE DO NOT WANT TO PLAY ANYTHING ELSE....IF YOU"RE NOT A FAN OF DARK MUSIC:DO NOT APPLY!!!!!let me know....
Quote:
I am a guitarist/harmonicaist/singerist looking for someone who plays guitar not much better than me, but certainly not worse, for an acoustic duo (or band) that would sound something like Television or VU. You know what I mean.
Quote:
Well seasoned, marinated, and cooked to perfection.Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Pockets so deep that even the bass player can't climb out. Plays anything from Classic Rock, to Southern Rock, Country Rock, Traditional and Today's Country, R & B and Motown, Blues, 80's 90's and Modern Rock, Alt/Indie. Covers/Originals. No Metal, no Grunge, No Scremo, No Grindcore.
Quote:
Singing bassist & killer lead guitarist seek drummer to play rock covers in dive bars for a little cash, free beer and bar food at best. The bassist just turned 40, has been in and out of bands for 20+ years, and sings leads and is open to sharing the vocal duties with bandmates so if you sing that's a plus but not necessary. The guitarist is 24, kicks ass on leads, sings backups and is just starting to take on some lead vocals. We've been gigging in a band called King Piece since November of last year, playing hard rockers (ZZ Top, Green Day, Metallica, NIN), alternative hits (Cage the Elephant, the White Stripes, The Cure), modern dance tunes (Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, No Doubt), '80s pop (Billy Idol, Simple Minds), classic rockers (Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, CCR), along with some unexpected crowd-pleasing novelty tunes. We have a place to practice in Deptford, NJ complete with an on-site drum set. We have day jobs and are not looking to change our lives with this band. We like being small-time--we’re looking to practice 1x a week, gig out 2-4x a month. If that sounds good, hit us up!