View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Played with a Throne Butt Kicker for the First Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiQmaN View Post
have to disagree on this one.

Chris had it mounted like this (as you can see on the pic) And it worked perfect and was very strong also because its mounted to the bottom of the seat itself (but without drilling extra holes in the top)

It doesn't work fine when mounted to the post of the chair so ive noticed with the Fischer Amp (witch is mounted to the post)

Stil thinking of getting a buttkicker set (with the buttkicker amp)

Now I recall... Chris had it connected directly to his powered mackie mixer. So that is an option I guess?

Did anybody tested the Mini Concert btw?
I can see the benefit of mounting the unit directly to the throne, now that I own one of these and have used it for a little while. It does work well on the bracket but there is a little space between the units' housing and the bottom of the seat.

You still have to screw the bracket into the seat..

.. so it makes good sense to just screw the unit directly into the seat. I'm going to try it.

You definitely have to have a bicycle seat style throne or a larger round throne to have room to fit the middle rear of the seat.

As long as you crank it up, it works fine with the bracket. I'll have to try remounting mine to let you know if it feels stronger. I'll bet it will.