View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Some unfortunate things as a Teenager... READ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith View Post
When I scrolled this thread I could only reflect positively on how stupidly easy I had it. I was encouraged to play. When I asked for lessons I got them. When I needed materials, books or recordings I got them. My parents let me practice day and night and acted like there was no sound at all. When I wanted to do comps they drove me from one side of the US to the other and volunteered for every school band activity. Then when I was ready to sit in with older guys I had that too.

Joey I'm going to send out some very positive thoughts your way, then later I'm going to get on Skype and have a nice thank you conversation with my folks.
We often don't realize, sometimes until we have our own kids, all the sacrifices our parents made for us on our behalf. My parents, on one income (school teacher) somehow put me and my three brothers through college. In the process they taught us how manage and save our money, how to be upstanding citizens, hardworking, appreciate, and how to be good solid parents and husbands. The four of us have been married a combined near 100 years so far. My parents made it to their 50 year anniversary before my mom's untimely death. My father, at age 83, soldiers on and is an awesome role model for us and others he comes in contact with. I certainly own him a lot of thanks!