View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Dream Theater's new drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildoer View Post
Hey everyone!

Hope you guys will like the last episode. Regardless of what everybody thinks of this "documentary" I myself have enjoyed it A LOT!!! Sure some parts are overly dramatic but I think it's entertaining. Also personally I've enjoyed every second of watching the other drummers audition since I'm a huge fan of all of them!

I always tell my students how great the drumming community is and that everybody help each other out and share their drumming knowledge. It just makes me a bit sad to see some bashers that have to complain. Then, don't watch! Let's keep the drumming community free from the hater like Youtube people. We just have to face the fact that each and everyone are allowed to have their own taste!

Derek, soo cool of you posting, great to see your point! Keep on inspiring all these drummers out there!!! Loved your playing on "The spirit carries on"! :)

50 minutes.... :)

Cheers,
Peter Wildoer
I don't see it as a documentary, but more of a showcase on how some of the greatest drummers in the world tackle professional situations. I would really like extended versions with everything that was played(jam sessions, playing through the songs etc), and without the small-talk and LaBrie telling every drummer how great they are :P.