View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Dream Theater's new drummer

I've been a huge Dream Theater fan since I was in high school waiting for Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence to be released (just checked, 2002, would've been the spring of my senior year). I'll admit that, even though I've bought every album and DVD that they've released since then, my attention to them has dwindled in recent years- partially due to working a "normal" job, partially due to not getting into most of their recordings. I'd play a CD for a week or so and then I'd move on and not touch it for a great while.

With that said, this audition process- and now the documentary behind it- has got me fired up about the band again. Don't get me wrong, I wish MP stayed and they remained a "happy family," but, sometimes fresh blood isn't a bad thing. I think I'm psyched about this audition process because, more than being a huge Dream Theater fan, I'm an even bigger drumming fan and music fan.

I eagerly wait for the next 2.5 hours to pass so we can check out the new installment (I believe the esteemed snake breeder, and resident DW pro, Derek "One Take" Roddy is up next. I look forward to see how he interacts and how his style(s) meld with the DT guys.

AJ