View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Bands you're embarrased to say you like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsabol View Post
HAHA. I'm in your same boat.. Although, I do NOT have the entire discography of those artists, I definitely like them. I do feel alittle embarrested when I catch myself singing Katey Perry's Firework drunk at a party....
Haha, well, it's even worse if you aren't drunk.

And "whole discographies" sounds like a lot, but in fact it's 3 albums each. (I still don't have Ms. Lavigne's last album, haha). :P

Quote:
Well, I did once have a drum teacher tell me it's a good idea to listen to popular modern pop music so when you get hired for a session, you can reference the music that is selling. So you'll be familiar the drum beats, sounds and be able to keep up if the producer says "I want to make this sound like...."

Although I have to say, I've never been able to follow that advise very well. heh.
Well, unfortunately some of those mainstream pop songs' drumtracks are clearly made by computer and that sucks. Some others have real drummers in them, and let me tell you, to gig and record with multi-million selling artists like these... well, you bet you've gotta be REALLY good. ;)

Man, imagine the money those guys are making... while playing drums... and watching Katy Perry jump around them all night long on those tiny skirts... Oh boy... *(drools over keyboard)*

Cheers