View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 11:22 PM

Default Re: The best of Craigslist

Copied this from Craigslist Seattle once upon a time.

I'm reasonably certain this bass will get you laid - $115 (Bothell)
Date: 2009-08-20, 8:03AM PDT
Reply to: sale-k2sga-1332895245@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Not having much luck with the ladies? Has the economy of your love life entered a severe recession? Some people would spout off the same tired old platitudes about getting a job, taking a shower, and moving out of your parent's basement. But not me! Oh no, I've a much simpler solution. This sweet bass.

It's a widely accepted scientific fact that chicks dig guys in bands. You may say "But don't they all like the lead guitarist?" First off, that's just rude, to interrupt my sales pitch like that. Jerkface. Second, the guitards can only do so much, leaving lots of frustrated groupies with nowhere to expend all that energy but you. Third, when you play bass every woman in the room shakes her butt in time to the two fingers on your right hand. Just sayin'...

Peavey Milestone III bass guitar with original fitted Peavey gig bag for $115 obo. For those unfamiliar with the term, "obo" stands for "Or Best Offer." So feel free to try and bargain, offer trades etc. Good overall shape, straight neck, solid frets, all pots and pups in good shape. Has a nice low action, and is freshly tuned. Surprisingly hot pickups for a passive. The gig bag is nicely padded, and has a little leather thingy to hold the handles together. Couple small cosmetic issues (little buckle rash, chip outta the horn, and a couple rusty screws) that don't affect playability. Really good tone for a bargain bass. I'll be dropping the price $1 a day until it's sold, or no longer worth posting. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Also open to trades for just about anything bass related, and a lot of things non-bass related. Make me an offer, and I promise I won't laugh. Unless that offer involves UPSing me a check, you writing me a $5000 check and I'll give you the difference, or helping you get your money out of Nigeria. I'll take this down when it's sold, and summarily delete any email just asking "Still available?"

I accept cash, postal money order, or paypal. I might accept kittens, puppies, ferrets, or particularly handsome snakes. I'm disinclined to take small children, sexual favors, drugs, or your immortal soul. I'll also accept job offers to write copy. Buy this nice bass before I get all rockstar and set it on fire then smash it into the curb.

I'll also set it on fire and smash it for your entertainment for $90. You get a discount because let's face it, I'd enjoy that too.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests