View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Quitting Smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
I agree.

Once my focus shifts from timing to admiring all the pretty colours then I'm thinking I can do anything and start doing all those things I wouldn't normally do (because I can't pull them off with clean time). It's false confidence. It's as though your time awareness becomes more fuzzy and minor timing errors become invisible. A recipe for sloppiness.
When I am on my game I continuously count and think ahead while I play. I see and hear the "Tells" of the musicians around me and I adjust to stay in sync with them.
When I have to much (Place Substance Name Here) in my system there is always something that suffers with regards to my playing. I try to add to much color as you put it.
I become self centered and I forget to listen. I play either fast of slow. I miss stops.
I start a fill in early.
I get distracted and I can't concentrait.

I really notice it when I play with the Jazz band. The first thing that I start to do wrong is I comp to much on the snare. I stop feathering the bass drum with finesse. My ride gets sloppy. I will feel it all slipping away and there is nothing that I can do about it. Be me and drink.

Last edited by bobdadruma; 11-13-2011 at 03:49 AM.