View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Some unfortunate things as a Teenager... READ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post
This whole thread reminds me of my stepdad. Luckily, I didn't have a drum kit back in those days (I'm 37 now) but he seemed to love to take things away from me just to exercise his authority.

He would routinely take away my car (that I paid for) for weeks at a time for ridiculous reasons such as he thought I was sighing at him. He once accused me of putting a nearly empty bottle of steak sauce back into the refrigerator (I still don't know who did that) and got grounded for a month.

Also, my curfew throughout high school was 9:00; even on weekends.

There are many, many other issues that I won't discuss here. Suffice it to say, I'm glad he is no longer with us.

So hang in there, man. This will all be over before you know it.
My curfew is 9PM weekends, 6PM on weeknights (I get home at 4:45). I got my door taken away because I was trying to sleep and they thought I was on drugs for going to sleep (passing out in their minds) at 7PM.
I think he likes to "Show-off" for everyone, because when there is people around, he will just be like: "Ohh you want to go skateboard with your friend in the driveway huh? Well how about NO!? Now give me the skateboard." And I'll have it taken away for a week or so, for asking a simple question. The thing is that he will look and smile or laugh with his friend after he does this.

Last edited by Joey182; 04-23-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: grammar