Thread: Vocals
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Vocals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
Well, perhaps as a studying musician, maybe getting together with a good vocal coach would be in order? It would be well worth the investment because just like drumming, doing something wrong could be disastrous over time, but instead of messing up your hands, or your back, you're messing up the vocal cords, which would seriously affect basic communication let alone singing. Like everything else, it should be comfortable and not cause any damage.
I try to learn where I can and ask questions, the reason I am the guy doing the growls is because I can do them properly for an extended period of time without damaging my voice but you're totally right Bo, a coach would help. I guess with time and money it's just easier to take shortcuts and jump online, I had singing lessons years ago when I sang regularly and now I'm singing again with my voice having changed so much it's probably time to re-evaluate.

If you don't mind me asking, do you sing at all Bo or do you just know vocalists? Not enough drummers take up singing in my opinion.