Thread: Vocals
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Vocals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Yeah, it's a confusing predicament, I over-complicated things in mentioning that I started out singing lower and struggled. I have a high voice, not a mid range voice, just not as high as I'm singing. I think I'm over-compensating for having a higher voice and because it contrasts rather dramatically with the music I don't have a good guide for pitch.

I guess that's what happens when you're taken on board to growl and then get asked to provide clean vocals. I can sing, but I'm making no claims to being exceptionally gifted at it and as a musician that takes his instruments seriously I want to try improve.
Well, perhaps as a studying musician, maybe getting together with a good vocal coach would be in order? It would be well worth the investment because just like drumming, doing something wrong could be disastrous over time, but instead of messing up your hands, or your back, you're messing up the vocal cords, which would seriously affect basic communication let alone singing. Like everything else, it should be comfortable and not cause any damage.