Thread: American Idol
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Comingling??? lol. It sounds like something you'd say to a fish when it knocks at your door :)
The only fish that knocks on my door is a mud shark, and yes, I do say things like that to it, as well as "brown shoes don't make it, and what are you doing even wearing shoes, you stupid shark!". :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post

You know, I can't think of a talent show that was ever more than mildly interesting, often far worse than that. I saw quite a few of these shows when I was young and they were pretty painful too. Endless renditions of To Dream the Impossible Dream and My Way and God Bless the Child - give me a break!

It's hard to imagine a talent show that focuses on original talents with something interesting and new to offer. "Talent show" is as much of an oxymoron as "adult shop". George Orwell foresaw it all ... black really is white in the absence of light ...
I actually think Idol would produce some nice talent if they left it with judges that knew talent when they saw it, and take the voting away from the masses, who clearly do not. They could put some real vocalists on there that are great natural singers, ike Steve Perry, Ian Gillan, Steve Walsh, Dionne Warwick, Sarah Brightman, and Whitney Houston and come up light years ahead of what they have produced the past few years. Who would we rather judge the best up and coming drummers - millions of know-nothing teenagers, or a panel of proven, sound, excellent drummers, without interference from the masses? Of course, our mind is on quality, not TV ratings, which is where the problem really lies.